Friday, May 1, 2009

And Then There were four....


Let’s say goodbye to Matt Giraud. No real surprise here, with the surprise being Adam in the bottom three. That tells me a few things are possible. First, Adam and Danny may share a lot of fans, as Danny was great, Adam less so and now Adam is in the bottom three. So perhaps Adam siphoned off Danny’s fans and now this week vice-versa. It also tells me that Allison has a good fanbase as Simon used reverse psychology (she is in trouble!) to spring them into action, and they responded. That makes her IMO a dark horse here. Kris is still around, but that’s about it. He may go to Top 3 but he’s not going to be in the final. (Kris’s appeal is a mystery to me, he’s dull, he’s the kind of pretty boy contestant who is usually gone by now.)

Right now we have a good idea who is in the front of the pool. I set up a way to check scenarios, the smaller green box in the lower right side. Type 1,2,3,4 for the order you want to see the scores in, and the overall total column will give you who will win the pool in that scenario. I will list and send out the winners under each scenario once we get down to the bottom three.

I thought this week was just so-so. At this point in the competition, you need people to step up and really separate themselves from the pack. Only Danny did that in any way, and it was far from the home run you would like, it was simply a good performance. Adam, Kris and Allison were also good, but none were at their best. Hopefully next week everyone will step it up and we will have a better race.

As for the show, there were some strange things this week. The food fight was creepy (Note to everyone, Allison is 17 and you are not and it looks weird playing with her like that.) although I thought some of the reaction was just overkill. There are some people who really don’t like Danny – I still think there is this feeling that he was milking his situation to continue on further in the competition, which I disagree with wholeheartedly. No one would do that. There was also Jamie Foxx’s “help” which was weird, with him giving strange advice, staring into Danny’s face close so Danny could sing better, things like that. I didn’t get it at all.

Next week’s theme is Rock n Roll and 2 songs for each. A very strange rumor from a good source is saying that one song will be solo, and the other song a duet. That is strange but it’s been done on other shows before, and the last strange twist supposed to be taken from international shows (the save) came true. I am unsure if I like this, but I’m not sure they are doing it actually so I will wait and see before I say anything.

JUAN

No comments:

Post a Comment