Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Rock Week!

It's rock week on idol! They announced the mentor and it's Slash! Yes, that is bizarre. And YES, they are planning duets (unless a lot of sources are totally wrong). Sounds great. Only 90 minutes till showtime.

No reherasal today due to something falling down or something like that. And YES, it's duets. And it's SLASH, which is bizarre (i said that before, i know). Slash likes some of the artists this season which is why he is willing to work with them. Hopefully he is good. He is super talented.

First up is Adam (he's not last? OMG!!!) Should be a good night for him, his voice is made for this. WHOA, Zeppelin. Feel the impact of Slash. That was really good. He definitely is going to have a huge night. Randy loves this. Kara has descended into Paula-land. Simon loves it too. Simon says the only problem is no one can top this. WOW.

Allison next with some Janis Joplin. Allison's hair done by Adam's "hair-girl". I was actually just thinking she looks better today. She will be Adam's partner tonight. Slash says she needs to get by the fear. I already like this. I will definitely be partaking in some Itunes versions tommorrow. I thought this was pretty good. Randy doesn't like it. Neither does Kara because she parrots whatever is said before her. Simon likes it a lot but he doesn't think it was that original. Simon would have chosen a Queen song. She gets a little feisty as Simon's praise is totally negative. I liked it.

Next, Kris and Danny with a duet. Strange order. Kris and Danny with renegade by Styx. Eh, they got together and chose this song? My daughter is singing along. but only when Danny sings. Strange. It's a very good vocal, it's a very good performance, but it's just not that interesting of a song. I'm not a huge Styx fan but is that what they are aiming for? I say pretty good but a wasted opportunity for something special. Just not enough to work with there. Randy, Kara and Paula speak but I don't even hear them anymore. Simon says Danny was btter than Kris and nothing else. They did choose the song, i was wondering if it was given to them. it was not, so my criticism stands.

Next Kris Allen solo. So Adam will be last AGAIN. Kris will be doing Come Together by the Beatles while playing guitar. Slash wants him to pick up the live performance a bit. Kris? Not energetic? What? Eh. Kind of boring and safe. Simon agrees with me by saying it's like eating ice for lunch. Huh?

No comments today. Either i have not said anything stupid which requires correcting or everyone is as engaged with this so far as I am.

After the break, Danny with Dream On . WHOA. That has potential. Eh. Too much screaming. It started out good but was just screeching at the end, it didn't work. Simon is really harsh on him. Just not Danny's night I guees. The best comment he got was "you should still be safe". Hardly huge praise.

It's Allison and Adam with SLOW RIDE. Just a million times better than the Kris and Danny pairing. They picked a song they could trade vocals on and have it flow better than Kris and Danny did. I like Adam better when he is more clean cut though, I'm not a Glambert fan. Good way to end the show. I would think Kris is in big trouble.

Not a bad show, not earth shattering either. This season reminds me of Season 6, just kind of sputtering toward the end with anyone really being able to sneak in and win and it not being a huge event. Hopefully it picks up. Honestly, we need Danny to have an awesome performance to set up the finale as a two horse race between him and Adam. I guess we will see next week (and tommorrow who is gone!).

2 comments:

  1. You're funny, Juan :) This is engaging, and I like Slash as a mentor.

    Adam: WOW. Though I could hear Soeun saying "SCREEEEECH..." :)

    Allison: more WOW.

    Danny and Kris: I agree, kinda boring song and Danny sounded better.

    BUT, on the solos, I liked Kris better. I don't think Danny quite pulled off "Dream On."

    Adam and Allison together next? Watch out, the rest of the stage may fall down!

    MRC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reeeeeeally liked Glambert tonight, although I could hardly see his pretty eyes under all that guyliner! When they showed the top four coming out and I saw his jacket, I was gearing up for something dramatic. It was my favorite of all his performances, probably because the classic Led Zep song warranted all that drama and screeeching. I thoroughly enjoyed his screeching tonight. lol.

    And finally, the songs and arrangements kept up the theme! No changing up nonsense.

    I thought Kris did pretty well, considering it's not his style. Allison was good technically, but song was eh. I missed Danny when I switched to catch Biggest Loser...and then caught that horrendous screeching in the recap. Great song choice for him...will need to watch on Rickey.org.

    I'm thinking Allison or Kris are to go, just due to process of elimination at this point. Adam and Danny have been faves the whole season. Not sure Allison has such a following, although she is technically strong.

    Good thing Matt left last week. This would not have been a good night for him.
    - sn

    ReplyDelete